Thursday, December 6, 2007

Sorry for the long absence

It's been about 3 weeks since I last updated this. Besides the Florida vacation, there have been papers and presentations and stuff to do. I'm supposed to upload the pictures from Florida as well, which I haven't. I'll get that done ASAP.

It's officially Winter now in Ann Arbor. I don't care what you call it, -15 deg C outside qualifies as winter to me. Snowflakes fall, my fingers get numb-ish, brrrr. 3 layers is mandatory now, and I shudder at the thought of doing laundry in this weather. (which is what I'm going to do after this post).

Thankfully I've a portable heater in my room that can help turn up the heat somewhat. Heat in my apartment is supplied through radiators powered by a central hot water boiler. Thing is, by the time the water flows to the apartment, it already has lost some heat, so the temperature inside my apartment is a slightly chilly 22 deg C. Brrrrr. I've problems with the portable heater as well. My apartment is pretty oldish, built in the 60s or 70s, so it doesn't handle large power draws very well. Putting the heater on any of the default wall plugs will trip the fuse rather quickly, so I have to leave it in the bathroom (which has power points that were supposed to power washing machines and dryers). I can also use it in the bedroom in the evenings when all the other lights and stuff are off, so it's not too bad.

Alright, I'm off to do the laundry. I promise to get the photos uploaded somewhere by the weekend.

No comments: